LOST!

My photo
Sonderborg, Denmark
I'm not here at all. Consumed by the demands of life, Lost in the swirls of doom. I am a shadow that had dissapeared. All that is left is an echo, not all can hear.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Gift of...

Not the first time I'm making this one public. Been ages since I wrote it and most of you will probably be disappointed to not see something fresh. Anyway, I thought it was worth a repeat. I bare myself to judgement...


Give me not the gift of success
Top of the fleet, the world at my feet
For a nudge from fate and I’ll flounder
Despair, slip and sink to defeat…

Give me not the gift of fulfilment
To be content with ruling the skies
The heavens shrink, with every flap of wings
Insatiable desires, scouring my insides…

Give me not the gift of love
Rose tinted blooms and blue skies
The clouds give way to rays that burn,
Withering petals, the smoke that’ll rise…

Give me not the gift of faith
Letting people into my wrongs and rights
For deception to stab my turned back
Betrayed forever, into swirls of the night…

Give me…. The gift of life!
For beyond the walls of morbidity,
When my flesh’s burnt, all breath lost,
It’s all that’ll live, flourish, survive!!!

6 comments:

Madhukar said...

Hey...Even William Wordsworth or Keats or Shelly might not have dared to showcase such a brilliant work...Hats off to u Miss.Sista...
Keep Going.....

Suvarna said...

thanks a million.. You pamper me Mr. Madhukar..

heehhe too much formality there...
thnkz dear!!

Venky said...

nice one suvarna..:) i liked the first part n the last part, the one regarding success n the conclusion very much:) keep writing..gotpoetry.com.. this is the site i told u sometime back in cafeteria if u remember..do register in it n write in those..ull find lots of fellow poets..

preeti said...

Wonderful suwar baby :p
To tell u the truth i never expected
such kinda of poem from u .I mean such a bubly gal can land up with such a wonderful composition.Hats of to u.Hope to c more of such creations in future. kisiney sach hi kaha hey
"Dont judge a book by its cover"

Suvarna said...

@ preeti
Thnkz....

just as one great person put it.. (we are talking bout me here)

"The only predictable thing about me is that I am unpredictable"

:) :D
trying to live up to that maxim..
tnkz for the vote of confidence!

Rishabh said...

Whoa! This is awesome! Nice to know you're a poet too. (Yes, I compose poems too :))

www.elsethings.blogspot.com